Monday, July 28, 2014

One Can Be The Loneliest Number

Leaving Connecticut was easy.

Leaving the people was not.
I was rich with friends. Honestly, I think being rich with friends is better than actually having an outrageous bank account balance.

It is really bittersweet for me to see pictures of my friends and family enjoying familiar places.
I mean I still have to use Google Maps to get me places... nothing here is familiar.

I consider myself an implant. Though I have met a lot of new people (all friends of my boyfriend) and have gotten along well with them, they have their own lives, jobs and commitments.

I, on the other hand, have a free agenda. My only obligations are watching my DVR'ed shows in a timely fashion and making sure I get out of bed.

Let me tell you, friends are a luxury. Being able to call them up or visit them at a moments notice is not something that should be taken for granted. One of the main lessons I've learned from my relocation is to truly appreciate my friends and the convenient hangouts we used to have.

Instead of a 5- minute drive, I now am faced with an 11- hour haul. Not something that can be undertaken at the drop of a hat.

I was at a local DSW last week and struck up a conversation with a woman my age... The whole time we conversed (which was probably under 3 minutes) I kept thinking of how I could organically slip her my number... I'm borderline desperate. I won't even mention that time I almost tried to find friends on Craigslist... that would just be crazy...

So yeah. I need to make friends and socialize in a way that is acceptable and not creepy. Somehow I have to be proactive and try and meet some friends. Because being poor in both employment and in friends really blows.

I will get back to you on the "Friend" progress, because basically I am the female Paul Rudd from "I Love You Man."


If some of you don't recall that movie, go watch it. It's definitely worth 90 minutes of your life.
AND most importantly call up/ go visit/ text your friends and let them know you appreciate them.






No comments:

Post a Comment